Friday, January 9, 2009

Last Meal?

Last year a book came on the market asking famous chef's what would be their last meal.  Because no one asked you and me,here we go. This is the meal that would represent my life on earth.  No, it would not be a famous restaurant in Paris, Napa or New York, sorry.  It would be my mamma's baptism in oil fried chicken, pan gravy, macaroni pie, and finishing with chocolate cake.  I am a simple man, I have never forgotten where I came from. Not that I'm far from where I came from in the first place.  So I ask you out in the void of the Internet what would be your last meal here on earth?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting question. Being a North Carolina mountain girl, my last dinner would be meatloaf, beans (dried beans, mixed pinto and great northern), fried squash, collard greens, broccoli cornbread, and cherry yum-yum for dessert. Don't forget the little extras like sliced onion and pickled beets. Oh, and of couse sweet tea with lemon.

Anonymous said...

If it was me...It would be country-fried steak, rice & milk gravy, crowder peas, my Mother's homemade biscuits, corn on the cob and for dessert a giant piece of her pound cake.