Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Cornbread




Over the past few weeks I have be working to come up with the best cornbread recipe. The black iron pan is the most important part of the recipe. Finding the right cornmeal is important as well. I've used artisan local cornmeal, store brand, and a few others. The one that I think has the best flavor and produces the darkest brown crust is Yelton's. It is milled in Western North Carolina by Lakeside Mill. They have been milling since the 1700's. You can find their cornmeal in a few locally owned stores (Bilo, Ingles, etc.).




Cornmeal bag photo is from Likeside Mill.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that cornbread looks delicious!

dunn said...

That's the best looking cornbread , I hope it taste as good as it look's, it reminds me of my grandmothers. I'll let you know how it taste later today.

Anonymous said...

All I need is a glass of buttermilk , a slice of onion, and some black pepper.