Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Heirloom Kitchen Garden














 








In the last few weeks I have been planning  what I should plant this year.  I have tripled the size of the garden this year.  I'm going lay out my garden like the  kitchen garden at Thomas Jefferson's Monticello in Square plots.(photo above) I will arrange the plots by with part of the plant will be harvested. I also plan to only plant heirloom variety's of vegetables.  Tomato's, Okra, Peppers, Melons, Squash, Greens, Sorrel, Carrots, Beets and maybe a few other things.  I plan to add a few  "White Princess" peach trees also.  I hope to relocate the blackberry's and blueberry's  to give them more room.  I'm ordering most of my seeds from ,HEIRLOOM SEEDS. ,Victory Heirloom Seeds, and Seed Savers Exchange,

1 comment:

Trish Sharp said...

that sounds awesome.
i am starting a photo project on local foods/farms/home gardens, and would love to visit your garden if that is possible.
man i still need to come eat some food over at the restaurant as well.
gotta get the tomato seeds going sometime this week.
in other food news, me and a friend are heading out to the saddle up festival in pigeon forge this saturday to witness the chuck wagon cook off and get some tasty grub.